Bienvenido

Hello there! You are most welcomed to read this humble blog of mine :) Hope you enjoy my crazy weirdness :PP

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

twenty-sixth

Because, I finally learned, FRIENDS, are NOT FOREVER.

tough lesson i learnt yesterday.
just, no matter how close we are,
he'll leave.
whether he wants to,
or is forced to.

during 4th period,
Modern Mathematics,
joe was called to the principle's office.
he came back during 6th period,
Psychology.

he just came back,
hugged me,
and whispered to me,
"I'm sorry".
and, he left.

just like that?
we IM'ed,
last night.
he told me,
his mom had to ship him to Australia,
"for better job opportunities"

and,
he came over,
last night.
right after the IM'ing.
it was fun.
he said he wasn't gonna be coming to school anymore.
we cried.
we laughed.
we danced.

it was our last night together,
i didn't go to school today,
i sent him to the airport.
i was okay,
i was fine.

until,,
until reality struck me square in the head,
i wasn't gonna see joe ever again.
we've been friends since kindergarten,
and, he's leaving.
he's leaving for good.
far away.
veryvery far away.

i broke down,
he did too.
again, we cried.
his flight was about to board,
we hugged,
for the last time.
he kissed my forehead.
i laughed.
and, he walked away,
not turning back even once.

but, i knew why he didn't look back,
it would've probably been too painful.
if it hurt me,
i couldn't imagine how much it would hurt an emotional guy like him.

so, he left.
he left.
the same words repeated through my head.
so, i left.

but, the last thing he said to me was,
"i'm leaving, taking with me all the memories we shared"
it made me sad.
he made it seem as though it was the end of the world.

now, i regret,
never doing all the things i wanted to with him,
when i think back,
at all the time we wasted,
how that could've been used for better.
*sigh*

also,
i just realized that,
i'll have no deskmate.
O__o

but,
i knew,
i knew it would happen one day.
i knew that one day,
he would leave.

i thought i was prepared,
but,
hey, turns out i wasn't.
but, at least,
i got to say goodbye.

JOEY, i'm sorry,
for all i've done,
i wished, we could spend more time together.
i never wanted you to leave.
but,
sometimes,
reality has to be faced.
and, you took all the memories along with you,
i'll keep it solely in my heart.
i promise,
i'll never forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment